Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's baby time....

Babies...they bring so much happiness. Ofcourse, the efforts to bring them up are more than compensated when we enjoy our time with them. This is indeed a very special arrival, as my nephew was blessed with twin baby boys. First time in our Dynasty as our living memory stretches..
I personally enjoy my time with babies, and i had lots of fond memories worth a lifetime. Right from my childhood, when i found myself turning into an uncle overnight courtesy my nephew, till the day when i found myself to be a grand pa courtesy my nephew's first baby boy..They are kind of milestones in the journey of life.
When my sister was blessed with a baby boy, it was the first time chance for me to become a good baby sitter. I rose to the ocassion and wore the new mantle with pleasure. Those times in the eighties, it is not common to see a man ( however young i might be ) tend to a baby. So it brought much attention on to me. I shed my image of an introvert to take up the responsibilities. I used to feed the boy, take him into my arms...go around with him...and try to sleep him off on my shoulders. The fragrance of the babies, burnt into my soul and I still can get a whiff of them...kind of soft and sweet, mixed with the smells of baby powder and soap...and I love to see those pink knuckles..or that stiff upper lips...with little fingers stretching out for us to take them up into our lap..or the first steps of uncertainty to a sure run of just found power...it is a glorious sight to hold and behold the babies..
The best moments are those, when we keep them in our arms and embrace, as two hearts become one..as their eyes slowly droop and close into another blissful slumber..and when we keep them in their cradle to come off, on our toes..without making a sound, lest those angels wake up and start to flutter their wings.....Oh, arent they glorious moments !!

4 comments:

kiran8 said...

Indeed babies are so special, i love all babies, pups,kitten,chicks, baby elephants,tiger cubs.They are all adorable.The saddest part is that they grow up so quickly..

simple said...

Kiran..Right said.. :-) If only we can hold them forever in our arms..it would be so nice. But life moves on, so does time...so does the infants.

Mediocre to the Core said...

congrats on having become grand uncle

simple said...

thanks..been a long time. Now they are two brats..who try to teach me the pronunciation of English words ! I stick to my guns though ! :)